Voltage Regulator Maintenance and Tap Changer School
Eaton's Cooper Power series Voltage Regulator Maintenance and Tap Changer School is three-day course presenting in-depth training covering the voltage regulator and tap changer maintenance, and related topics. Training topics include:
- Voltage regulator apparatus basics
- Safe regulator bypassing and other safety topics
- Voltage regulator nameplates
- CL-7 Control settings and features basics
- ProView NXG interface software basics
- Hands-on tap-changer teardown and assembly
- CL-7 control retrofitting
- Voltage regulator receiving, handling and maintenance
- Motor capacitor upgrades
- Voltage regulator troubleshooting and schematic
- Regulator apparatus hands-on troubleshooting
- Voltage regulator and transformer factory tour
Each attendee receives a binder containing all training presentations, tap changer maintenance manuals, voltage regulator apparatus manual, and CL-7 Control manual and reference cards.
The instructors are highly qualified engineers, and factory personnel with extensive practical knowledge and industry experience in voltage application, design, and manufacturing for both the utility and industrial environments. This training is not associated with Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
This training school is intended for technicians and linemen, and other professionals interested in the advanced voltage regulator maintenance topics. A background in the electrical power industry will be helpful.
Early registration is encouraged, as some workshops sell out. Eaton reserves the right to cancel 30 days prior to the starting date, in which case a full refund will be given. Registrants may cancel up to seven days before the workshop to receive a full refund. Other costs incurred due to a cancellation are the responsibility of the registrant. Substitutions can be made at any time at no extra cost.
- The school is conducted in a three-day series of interactive lectures, hands-on work, demonstrations and troubleshooting sessions.
- Hands-on portions of the training typically occur in groups of two or three individuals.
- Interaction between attendees and with the instructors is encouraged during the training.
- Class sizes range up to 22 attendees.
- $1,300.00 (group discounts available)
Travel and lodging
- Air travel – Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport. For return flights on the last day of the class, a departure time no earlier than 7 P.M. is recommended. Attendees are responsible for travel expenses.
- Lodging – Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, 375 S. Moorland, Brookfield, WI 53005. A booking will be made for attendees from a block of rooms reserved for the training. A complimentary breakfast is included in the room rate. Attendees are responsible for payment upon check-out.
- Meals – Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided each day of the training. A group dinner will be sponsored by Eaton on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
- Airport shuttle service – Shuttle transportation may be provided from the airport to the hotel and from the training (or hotel) back to the airport if available. If a shuttle service is not available, attendees may be responsible for these arrangements and expense.
- Shuttle services daily to and from training – Shuttle service to and from the hotel, training, and dinners each day will be provided by Eaton.