CL-7 Control Advanced School
Eaton's Cooper Power series CL-7 Control Advanced School is three-day course presenting in-depth training on the CL-7 Control, ProView NXG Software, and related topics. Training topics include:
- Voltage regulator apparatus basics
- Safe regulator bypassing and other safety topics
- Voltage regulator nameplates
- CL-7 Control settings and features basics
- Control hands-on exercises
- CL-7 Multi-phase control
- ProView NXG interface software basics
- CL-7 Control and ProView NXG Software advanced features
- CL-7 Control and voltage regulator schematics and troubleshooting
- CL-7 Control SCADA communications
- CL-7 Control hands-on programming and troubleshooting
- Voltage regulator and transformer factory tour
Each attendee receives a binder containing all training presentations, CL-7 Control manual and reference cards, and the voltage regulator apparatus manual.
The instructors are highly qualified engineers, and factory personnel with extensive practical knowledge and industry experience in voltage application, design, and manufacturing for both the utility and industrial environments. This training is not associated with Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
This training school is intended for engineers, technicians, linemen, sales persons, or professionals interested in the advanced application, installation, and operation of the CL-7 control and voltage regulator apparatus on electrical distribution systems and in industrial applications. A background in the electrical power industry will be helpful.
Early registration is encouraged, as some workshops sell out. Eaton reserves the right to cancel 30 days prior to the starting date, in which case a full refund will be given. Registrants may cancel up to seven days before the workshop to receive a full refund. Other costs incurred due to a cancellation are the responsibility of the registrant. Substitutions can be made at any time at no extra cost.
- The school is conducted in a three-day series of interactive lectures, hands-on work, demonstrations and troubleshooting sessions.
- Hands-on portions of the training typically occur in groups of two or three individuals.
- Interaction between attendees and with the instructors is encouraged during the training.
- Class sizes range up to 22 attendees.
- $1,300.00 (group discounts available)
Travel and lodging
- Air travel – Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport. For return flights on the last day of the class, a departure time no earlier than 7 P.M. is recommended. Attendees are responsible for travel expenses.
- Lodging – Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, 375 S. Moorland, Brookfield, WI 53005. A booking will be made for attendees from a block of rooms reserved for the training. A complimentary breakfast is included in the room rate. Attendees are responsible for payment upon check-out.
- Meals – Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided each day of the training. A group dinner will be sponsored by Eaton on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
- Airport shuttle service – Shuttle transportation may be provided from the airport to the hotel and from the training (or hotel) back to the airport if available. If a shuttle service is not available, attendees may be responsible for these arrangements and expense.
- Shuttle services daily to and from training – Shuttle service to and from the hotel, training, and dinners each day will be provided by Eaton.